Thursday, March 18, 2010

Orly Luxe

Wow. I love metallic polishes, and this is my favorite type of gold. Being cool-toned and incredibly pale, I like silvers on me. This is a very, very, very cool toned gold, and super awesome gorgeous. It's part of Orly's new Foil FX collection. This is metallic done really well--it's not a super smooth chrome finish but a foiled finish with large particle shimmer. Supposed to be Minx-like, apparently. I'm not so sure about that but I am sure that this is both incredibly eye-catching and beautiful. I used 2 coats, the formula was perfect and dried very nicely. Seche Vite didn't dull the shine at all, which I was a bit worried about. I put this on after my High Hopes debacle. I can't wait to try the rose-gold, Rage, from this collection.

Prepare yourself for ultra-gold:







I attempted Konading with these polishes and didn't have much lucky. Other people have. Maybe I need to use mine a few times and let 'em thicken up. Loved wearing this. Also, I'd just like to say that I've sadly discovered something: Orly Shine (the silver from this collection) is equal to Orly Dazzle, a permanent shade in their collection. Which I have already. I swatched them, they're identical. BOO! To return or not to return? That is the question...

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment