Sunday, March 14, 2010

BB Couture For Nails Paradise

This is part of BB Couture's Hand of Hope collection which benefited the Haiti relief. Unfortunately, this was the only polish in the collection that appealed to me. It is the lightest taupe that I've ever seen and I think it's awesome. It's not off-white or beige, it's definitely got some weird brown/mauve tones to it, but they're so slight. It also has some gold shimmer which is more apparent in the bottle than it is on the nail, but that's OK. It still works. I really like this polish, I'm so glad I bought it while I had the chance (the collection was discontinued).

It reached full opacity in 2 coats, applied and dried well and was super shiny with Seche Vite. I had a few more tiny breaks/catches while I was wearing Sinful's Happy Ending, so these are my slightly revised shorties. I'm digging them, and they'll grow back soon.

Photographic evidence:







I really love BB Couture, and I can't wait 'til I can afford to expand my collection a bit more. I'm on a semi-no-buy until Winnipeg (2 weeks) so I gotta be good. I made an exception today because I had some exciting news: I got my thesis project approved and will finally finish my MA! Wahooooo!! It also means I actually have to begin work, so maybe less time for blogging. In celebration, I went to the local beauty supply and picked up some CND Cuticle Eraser, the huge one for $5.95. I think it must be mismarked, as the small tube is $10.50 at Trade Secret. I made a mental note to go buy more before they realize it's wrong. I also got a look at the new Color Club collections and I was a bit meh. But I grabbed Rebel Debutante because it seems like a neato dusty lime creme, if there is such a thing. I also grabbed a CND Effect in Crimson Sparkle, which I threw over Paradise. It's VERY awesome and these pictures don't show it. A goldy red shimmer, with large particles... gorgeous. I didn't like any of the other effects that they had (only 6... not sure of these others but they weren't that great).

Here's a couple pics:


In this one, you can sort see the sparkle but I couldn't photograph the color. Look at the bottle between my ring & pinky fingers. It's like that, super-super gorgeous. Opalescent in the best way.


Here you can see the shimmer particles better, if not true to color.



Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment