Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Maybelline Express Finish Goody Plum Drop & Konad M15

This is the last of the three Spring Maybellines that I picked up. Goody Plum Drop is a pretty light purple, pretty feminine, and leans to the pinker side of purple rather than blue or red. Color-wise, it's not really totally my speed. A little too purposefully "pretty" for my taste, but I'll enjoy wearing it nonetheless. It's actually the best of the three I tried, formula wise: not gritty at all and applied very nicely. It also has this lovely shimmer, which is just awesome. I sorta wish Minty and Pie In The Sky had shimmer, too. It's not frosty shimmer, just very subtle silver pearl. I needed a break from greens and straight up creme pastels, so this was a nice transition. I think this would also look really nice on the toes, as I'm partial to purples for pedicures. Anyway, not too much to say about this polish and that's a good thing. It's lovely and I highly suggest grabbing it if you do happen to run across it in your travels.

Here's 2 coats:






It leans a bit bluer in these photos than it does in real life, but I felt pretty confident that I captured the gist of it.


And, because I'm naturally prone to ADD when it comes to nail polish, I broke out the Konad and used the starburst design from M15 to add a little accent at the base of the nail. I used Konad White Special Polish for the stamp. I really liked the way this turned out. Sometimes I forget I don't need to do the whole nail when I stamp... and that a little thing can be just as impactful and cool.



Springy and pretty, I think. I'm sure we're going to get our asses kicked in the Northeast for this string of nice days we've been having (in the sixties!), but I'm in the mood for April, it's right around the corner.

Thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love lavender and this manicure is perfect.
    Wonderful. You did the konading great,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete