Wednesday, March 17, 2010

China Glaze Four Leaf Clover with Konad M4 & M44

So, St. Patrick's Day. Another day I don't much buy into (I'm only 1/8 Irish), but a day to break out some festivity on the nails. I feel this way about most holidays: nails are an excuse for festivity that I am definitely not prone to otherwise. I've been saving China Glaze's Four Leaf Clover for just this such occasion. It's quite a perfect shade of green, really, or so I thought. In reality, it pulls the slightest amount of blue, and it needs just a bit more yellow to really work. It's a nice creme, solid green pulling a bit blue, as I mentioned. The formula was on the better side of the Up & Away polishes, very nice indeed. 2 coats was super opaque and lovely.

Behold, my St. Patty's Day green, which pulls, annoyingly enough even MORE blue in these photos:




AHH! It annoys the crap out of me how blue this looks! It might as well be Flyin' High. But it's NOT. So different, so much greener. So, anyway, after doing this, I decided to break out my Konad! I don't have any of the plates with explicitly "Irish" themed images, but I did have one with a Celtic-esque knot (M4), which I paired with one of the funky stripey french tip from plate M44. The tip plates take a bit of mastering, but I like some of them quite a bit. You'll see below that I didn't do that great of a job but it's only for one day and no one's going to look very closely, I think. It really did come out quite festive for not being overtly related to the holiday.



Kinda crappy but I liked it in theory. By the way--I used Konad White Special Polish for the stamp, and I'm not sure if you can see it in these pics but something really bizarre happened: once I brushed Seche Vite over the design, the white design became green tinged! WEIRD. At first I thought I was seeing things, but no, it indeed dyed my Konad a lighter shade of green. Perhaps a St. Patty's Day miracle? Probably not. I've never had a Konad do that before though.

Anyway, enough rambling. Hope your holiday (if you celebrate) is enjoyed safely.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. These are cute :)

    http://my-little-addictions.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete