Friday, March 12, 2010

MAC Blue India

Oh, MAC. You and I used to have a major cosmetic-based love affair. I spent so much time and money buying you and following your collections. It's been a year since we fell out of love, but it's all good. I've sold off most of my collection, but I still adore your makeup, especially your lipstick. Best colors and formula hands down. Aside from your shitty mascara, your second worst effort is usually your nail polish. For years, I had one: Gee Whiz. I think you discontinued it but it was a really great bright fuchsia creme. Unlike others, my main complaint with MAC polish is that there never seemed to be much thought put into the colors. They were mostly boring. Until last year's Seasonal Peach and Peppermint Patti. You guys were way ahead of the game with that mint. Also, the gray On The Prowl from Hello Kitty. I'm sure there are others, but those are the three I bought. Now, with today's release of Liberty of London, we get another gem: Blue India. An amazing slate blue creme. Kinda like a drab blue, so awesome. I hemmed and hawed about shilling out the cash for this, but now that it's on my nails I don't regret it one bit. It's part of MAC's recent collaboration with Liberty of London. (Is it bad I have no idea who/what Liberty of London is except that they are also doing a collaboration with Target, which I only know about because I've seen the commercials?? I mean, I'm relatively fashionably inclined, but I have no clue!)

I don't have a problem with MAC's formula like some do. This is 2 coats, and the formula on this is excellent. You almost don't need the second coat. Dried very well and Seche Vite made it SUPER shiny. These pictures pull a bit brighter than it is in real life, it's a bit more grayed. Anyway, if you haven't already gotten it: RUN. It's already sold out online. My counter had plenty, but I live in a not-so-major city (we do have 2 MAC counters though).






And the packaging, which is CUTE. I love those little flowers, they remind me of a tattoo idea I've had for a long time.



Also, I walked away with an eyeshadow for the first time in forever. I've spent so much time selling off my collection on eBay and Livejournal, I haven't bought anything new except to replace stales. This shadow, Birds & Berries, is a gorgeous blackened teal and it just called out to me when nothing from MAC has in so long. I doubt the MAC bug is biting again (I still have so much!) but it was nice to see something good from them. I wanted the gray but it was chalky in real life :-( But here's Birds & Berries:



Anyway--long post. And makeup related! Still a MAC junkie at heart I guess, once one always one.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment