Friday, March 19, 2010

Orly Blue Suede

So I'm a cheaty-McCheaterpants here and decided to try one of these so-called Ruffian manicures that I see floating around these here Internets. This is sorta like a backwards French but better because it involves metallic and matte so I took yesterday's Orly Luxe and put over it a polish I have been itching to try, Orly Blue Suede. This came out a while ago with a purple and a black, and they're matte. Well, the purple and black are, and the blue is supposed to be, but it is actually satin. It's satiny and sort of cushy looking, very cool! It also has a very thick and pigmented texture and I didn't quite work fast enough as you will soon see. It was a bit tricky in the application area. It wasn't really that uneven looking in real life, it just picked up weird with the flash. It also looks kinda uneven... oh well, it was an experiment.




I don't think I like this type of manicure on my shorter nails. It needs space... and I don't have enough at the current moment. Love the color palette though, and the idea. It's not that hard to do, you just have to be very careful and work very slowly. Which I only sorta did. Oh well. Kind of lame today, but that's all I've got.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment