Thursday, April 15, 2010

Color Club Rebel Debutante & Konad M78

Funny that this is the first Color Club polish that I've featured on my blog, because I have half a Helmer drawerful of them! So, if anybody would like to see a Color Club polish, do ask me because I just may have it (especially any of the older neons, etc.). This was the only Color Club polish I bought from the newest release, which was a couple of collections at once. I'm lucky enough, being in Albany, to have one nail-related luxury. We have a beauty supply that stocks Color Club, both their core colors and their collections. They're not terribly overpriced either. A bit more than online but not too bad.

Oddly enough, a couple years ago, I bought my first Color Clubs (four neons) at a flea market! There was a beauty/cosmetics booth. I paid $5 each for them, which I now know is way overpriced but then I didn't care because I'd never seen polish so bright in my whole life! Anyway, I've always been pleased with their quality and color selection. Rebel Debutante is no exception. It's a weird neon: bright, but not blindingly so. Neon (dries a bit matte) but creamy and gorgeous with topcoat. This color reminds me of a slightly amped up version of OPI's Gargantuan Green Grape. The formula was great and 2 coats was all I needed for opacity. It dried well also.





I slapped on a creme because I was really in the mood for Konading today, and this color harkened me back to my days as a teenaged punk rocker. I wore mostly black and dark purple (occasionally red) on my super-short bitten nails, but I like to think I would've loved this on me back then. So I Konaded with the most punk rock thing I could think of (that Konad made a plate of, that is): leopard print. Actually, I didn't use the popular one from M57 that most people use, I used the mixed leopard/zebra one from M78, which is a newer plate. It worked really well (I used Konad Black Special Polish) and stamped so clearly! I loved it, it felt kinda badass :-)


Loved it! I would've worn it longer but I had a slight break so I had to take it off later that night to file down (left ring finger, boo!). Anyway, I've babbled quite a bit tonight, we'll be back tomorrow with more!

3 comments:

  1. I love this. It is so very nice. I have NO Color Clubs at all. Sad eh?
    Love your blog,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you are TOO kind!!! I have to be an enabler and say that you should definitely get some Color Clubs if you have the chance!! They hooked me on bright polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to buy them on line as I've never seen them in our stores. Thanks for being an enabler. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete