Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Claire's Yel

So! After all that hauling in Canada, my first manicure upon returning to the States was... NOT one of the polishes I bought! Haha. Actually, it was a RAOK (Random Act of Kindness) from a kind lady on MUA! I'd always wanted Yel from Claire's, but my store never had it. It was discontinued a while ago. Anyway, after hearing of my never-ending yearning for this color, she sent it to me and I was super excited to try it because the color looked so fun. I'd worn American Apparel's Downtown LA for FIVE DAYS, so I was in the mood for something different.

Yel is a pretty shimmery sky blue with large sized holo shimmer and a purple-y duochrome. Not that I've been particularly down in the dumps lately, but this one sure brightens my mood--it's just so happy and funky and awesome. Application was actually pretty good--better than Dream Catcher. I used 3 coats for opacity, and didn't have any glopping or streaking or anything of the sort. Seche Vite dried it to a nifty shine.

Let's see if I can capture the glory of this one (OK, the duochrome is MIA, forgive me!):





Blurred here to show some holo sparkle.


Awesome, right?? So pretty for these sunny days we're starting to get in Upstate NY--going to be in the high 70's for the next few days!! Big change from Winnipeg where it we had a high in the low 60's and a low of 9 whopping degrees (Fahrenheit)!! They make us badass New Yorkers look like wusses, I kid you not. On another note: Anybody know where the name "Yel" comes from? I like it, but I don't get it!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment