Sunday, April 18, 2010

China Glaze Kaleidoscope Him Out & Konad M28

I dug out an oldie today, because I was in the mood for some holo in my life. I own a slew of both the Kaleidoscope and OMG collections from China Glaze and yes, some of them still remain untried despite the fact that they have been in my collection for about 2 years. This is one of them. It's so old it's also old formula (I lucked out and most of my Kaleidoscopes are old formula). This one is so gorgeous I don't know how it escaped my attention before: a sky blue holo with large sized-holo shimmer. I like how pixelated the Kaleidoscopes look, as opposed to the OMGs which are smooth. I think I never tried this in the first place because I was worried that this was going to be very washed out and almost silver, but I'm happy to report that it's not! It's very visibly blue.

The formula on this was good, it needed 3 (thin) coats, and it seemed to dry well for China Glaze. Sometimes we have (drying) issues, China Glaze and I, but we overcome them so we can be together!

Anyway, enough rambling from me, let's see if I can capture the awesomeness of this one. OH, and you might notice my little Konad accent I threw on in all the full shots here... I forgot to take pics before I added it. Oh well!






Well, the blue is definitely a bit washed out. The blue is more vibrant in real life, and less icy.

Here's a close up of the Konad, which is really my speed. I used the scorpion (I'm a Scorpio!) for my middle fingers and the skull on my thumbs, and both images are from plate M28. I used Konad Black Special polish for the stamp. This Konad is really my speed... pretty badass if I do say so myself. I especially like how subtle it is against the glittery girliness of the blue.



This is one of the first times I've done an "accent" Konad, as opposed to doing something on all my nails... not sure how I feel about it! It feels incomplete or something... Anyway, that's all I've got for today! For tomorrow, I've already picked out another China Glaze...
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment