Saturday, April 24, 2010

China Glaze L8R G8R & Konad S6

Ooops, looks like I might have relapsed. What I have for you today is yet another holo, China Glaze's L8R G8R. I would describe this one as a goldy limey green holo, which at times appears more green or more gold depending on how you look at it. It's incredibly holo, and looks so in the bottle (unlike LOL, for instance), even in low light. It went on smoothly, and I used three thin coats for opacity.

These photos don't entirely do it justice, they pull more gold, and lose a lot of the green. Here they are nonetheless.



No flash, but the holo looks neat!



At the last minute I decided to attempt another subtle Konad, so I used China Glaze Four Leaf Clover for the stamp and a line design from Konad S6. I don't often think to Konad over a holo. They're so cool on their own, they don't seem to need embellishment. But, I was itching to try it, so I went ahead. The lines break up the holo interestingly, and Four Leaf Clover works pretty well over L8R G8R. These Up & Away polishes seem to rock for Konad (I've tried a few that I haven't posted), so that's nice. Anyway, here's my Konad:




And that's all I've got today! Thanks for looking :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment