Sunday, February 21, 2010

Orly Solid Gold

The Orly Metal Chic polishes were annoying to me in this way: I wanted 'em so bad. And my Sally's never got 'em. Then they got only Iron Butterfly, which, when I saw it, I didn't want. Then I went back for it and it was gone. So, when I finally caved and made a big order to an e-tailer, I tacked on 2 of these matte metallic polishes (neglecting, to my annoyance, to add Iron Butterfly... miss again for me). Matte+metallic is perfection. I love the Zoya Matte Velvets and the OPI Suedes. These are along similar lines, except in precious metal hues. I bought Solid Gold and Glam Rock, and I'll show you Glam Rock another day.

Some indoor swatches:

Lamp light.



Still working on removing that annoying glare.


I love the metallic particles that you can see in this polish. It was opaque in 2 coats, and wore very well for a matte. I don't have chipping issues with mattes, but they do wear very quickly. I liked the greeny gold of this shade, and how it shimmered despite staying quite matte. The formula on this was perfect, so easy to work with, even for a quick drying matte. Call me a purist, but I didn't attempt this with a topcoat, I like my mattes just that way, thanks.

More coming shortly.... thanks for lookin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment