Wednesday, February 24, 2010

China Glaze Sugar High

I'm not sure why I bought a few of the polishes in the Up & Away collection. I don't do pink... I've said this before, but I feel like my own blog is misrepresenting me. Haha. As you've already seen China Glaze Heli-Yum, I also bought Sugar High and High Hopes from this collection. Sometimes, out of irony, I suppose, a bright or sparkly pink just calls to me. It's like rebelling against... myself. I don't know. At any rate, for some odd reason, this was the second polish I wore when I got these polishes. The name of this polish makes me think of the end of Empire Records where Renee Zellweger and Coyote Shivers sing that song "Sugar High." I remember this mostly because Renee Zellweger has a mildly obnoxious singing voice... and also because Coyote Shivers was hot. And wore these really tight black jeans.... I was into it. I might still be into it.

Moving on, 2 coats was enough with this one as well, and it was quite lovely. There was something about this polish that I couldn't put my finger on. Despite its brightness, it's got a muted quality to it that I can't explain. Like pink plastic.... like Barbie's convertible. Something.





Sorry for the weird glare in the last two, like I mentioned, I'm still working out a few kinks with the flash and close-ups. Excellent formula on this one, too. All in all, another good addition to my meager collection of pink nail polish (and pink things in general.) Let's hear it for irony!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment