Wednesday, June 2, 2010

American Apparel Passport Blue

Ready for a steady stream of American Apparel polishes? Well, deal with it :-P So Chris, my fiance, AKA my AA polish smuggler, arrived in town last week with six more. Six, you ask? Well, when I was there in March I went hog wild and bought almost all the current polishes they had. But Passport Blue, how it nagged me. I didn't get it because I felt it was too dark. But it bugged me. So he grabbed me that and the five new colors :D Yup, I am a lucky girl.

But, for suspense's sake, here's Passport Blue. It's wicked gorgeous! I was concerned it was going to look black but it sure doesn't. It occurs to me now that I probably should've gotten all artsy with these photographs and clutched my passport while taking them.... hindsight's 20/20, I guess. The formula was fantastic, two coats to opacity and I have no complaints. It also gets extra awesome points for drying SUPER DUPER shiny. While Seche Vite usually dried everything to a nice sheen, Passport Blue has been endowed with some magical innate shine. It's awesome.

Here are my photos (Full disclosure: I forgot to take pictures of the actual manicure I did with this, so this is a swatch from earlier today! Two coats, no topcoat, excuse the bald patches on the ring & pinky fingers, that was my eyesight's fault not Passport Blue's).




Let me stress that this polish is not, in any way, teal. It might appear so from these photos, depending on your monitor. Anyway. New things tomorrow! I also just bought a boatload of OPIs (coupons from a local beauty supply that make them about as cheap as etailers and NO SHIPPING!) so that's forthcoming as well.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. An AA just opened near me, so excited cause I love their polishes, looking forward to the spam ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this color is pretty! I like that it doesn't look black...I'm getting tired of those sorts of shades! I think I need to find myself a polish smuggler! I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Justine--I seriously love their polishes, excellent formula & colors.

    @Caroline--Yeah, it's nifty :D I've gotta get him to smuggle me some of those Joe Fresh polishes from SuperStore or GOSH next!

    ReplyDelete