Thursday, September 8, 2011

Essie Absolutely Shore

For the longest time, Essie was a brand that was poorly represented in my stash. I relied on them for nice neutrals and sheers, and Fishnet Stockings and Ruby Slippers, but other than that, they didn't interest me much. I do remember being into Essie when Starry Starry Night(s) was available, and I do kick myself for never grabbing that one, but other than that I never really got into them until recently. Now I'm buying at least a polish from each of their releases and I find myself, now that they've gone retail, attempting to flesh out my collection. I've got a nice little army now, with more on the way. I find the formula hit or miss for me, but nothing unmanageable.

Absolutely Shore came out with the Brazilliant collection, from which I also got Smooth Sailing. Essie's blues and greens have been knocking it out of the park lately. I have a mint green problem, I tend to buy them without really thinking if they're anything great. I have a lot of neutral mints and blue mints, but this one seems to lean towards the yellow end of the spectrum. It's very pale, which I like, but somehow still not terribly unique. It's just another mint, not quite as yellow or dusty as I wanted it to be. It's pretty, but the color's definitely done.



That's three coats, pre-cleanup (sorry!). It wore really well (as Essie's tend to for me), and I only removed it because I chipped a corner of my nail. Boo :-( Any thoughts on Super Bossa Nova from this collection? I feel like I want it but I haven't talked myself into it yet. Let me know if I'm missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment