Monday, August 15, 2011

Sephora by OPI If You've Got it, Haunt It

This is an oldie but a goodie, and also a color I'm not sure got much press around the time of its release. This is from last year's Sephora by OPI Halloween collection, and I saw it online maybe once or twice and wanted it really bad. I ended up finding it months later at my hometown Sephora in NY, in the clearance bin, no less. In retrospect, I don't even think it ended up ringing up on clearance, but I wanted it bad enough that I didn't argue or really care.

This polish is kinda like Nicole Pitch Black Glimmer, but better. If You've Got it, Haunt It is flat black glitter, superfine silver glitter mixed with blue opalescent glitter, all in a smoky very-jelly gray base. It's almost opaque in 2 coats but I did three. It can get thick, so probably a good pointer to keep thinner on hand while applying.



In the second picture you can really see the individual types of glitter. This polish makes me wicked happy, and it's probably in my top 20 of all time. Nicole Pitch Black Glimmer is good, but I doubt you could ever achieve opacity. This does it, and it does it well. It's smoky and complex, and not bumpy at all, even with just one coat of Seche Vite. So, if you can find it anywhere, or have it hiding in your stash, I highly recommend you bringing it out. I wore it before, but my nails were much shorter, so I thought this deserved a second wind. Definitely a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment