Saturday, December 5, 2009

NYX Lime Sparkle

There's nowhere locally to buy NYX, so I bought this polish during one of Cherry Culture's NYX sales last year. I also bought a few others, including a ton of the NYX Girl's glitters, which are pretty nice. That aside, despite the buzz I've heard online about this polish, I neglected to ever actually wear it after I bought it. Take heed when ordering NYX polishes, they tend to be misnamed, and colors tend to change. Order with care.

Now, the skinny on this guy: It was pretty damn goopy. But, for all its awful goopiness, it dried well (and didn't take too long, either). I found it pretty sheer, and I did three coats but could've used a fourth... but I don't do fourth coats. The shade borders on more of a bright apple green, I think, more so than lime. It could be argued either way I think. As my photos will evidence, the shade is a bit of a shapeshifter, and I'm not certain the camera captured the correct shade at all. But, here it is in it's blingy, green goodness:


This is with a desk lamp, this is darker but you can see the glitter detail well.

This was the most true to color, and it catches the sparkle.



Haha, I wanted to get the thumb in there, so here is my awkward claw-hand pose.

I've worn this for a few days now (unusual), and it's growing on me. And wearing like iron! It's tough shit, my nails feel like acrylics with this on. Anyway... that's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment