Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Orly Gumdrop

Hey, Orly Gumdrop. What's with you?? You pull so green in the bottle. I heard people buzzing that you were dupe-y to China Glaze's For Audrey. I said "Psssh. No way." Then I put you on my nails and you pulled blue! And then I saw the dupe-ish-ness. Sigh. I wish you just pulled a bit more green, like in the bottle. You look like a very blue based mint green (which I do NOT think For Audrey is, some do), kinda dusty and not chalky. This is why I chose you to try first. And you For Audrey'd a little too much on me. Boo. Pretty, just not what I expected.

Your formula was a bit clunky... thick, and you didn't self-even. I'm still talking to you, and it's kind of weird. I'll stop. The formula was thick and didn't self-even, and Seche Vite didn't really solve this problem. I think I might have been impatient with my application though, I was on my way to work. I also didn't use my normal Barielle basecoat, but their Hydrating Ridge Filler instead. I did this because my nails have been breaking a bit lately. Like chipping on top. Super-duper annoying. Anyway, this was a mistake because at work I had two more chips and my nails just keep getting shorter (as you will see in tomorrow's post).

But, onward I press. Here's Gumdrop:





Though this one was a bit tricky, it's not going to deter me from trying the rest of the Sweet collection that's awaiting my use.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment