Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More V-Day featuring China Glaze Heli-Yum, Konad M56 & M80, RBL Grunge

So today I'll share another semi-failed Valentines look, along with what I ended up wearing on the actual day. I hate girly-girl crap. I hate pink and hearts and lah-di-dah stuff, but I seem to have recently acquired a bunch of pink polish (Winter blahs, no doubt), so it was the perfect chance to justify my insanity.

The first look was an excuse to play around with Konad plates. I love Konad. It's just simple genius and totally whimsical. I have a ton of plates (30-some-odd, don't judge me), and I go through phases of how much I use them, but holidays are always an excuse to break it out. Plus, I just ordered almost all of the new ones (plus a few non-new ones) from OC Nail Art, a business I highly, highly recommend for all your Konad needs.

I started out with China Glaze Heli-Yum (2 coats), from their new Up & Away collection. The formula on this was fantastic (the best of the set so far that I've tried, I'll be posting a few more from this collection soon), the color was pretty saturated. Very cool. I wore this for a day with the heart French tip on plate M56, which I stamped using Konad Black Special Polish. Then, in a stroke of genius/stupidity/itching-ness to try out my new Konad plates, I added the heart design from the new M80 in Konad White Special Polish. I was aiming to have it go across the base of my nail.... except... my nails aren't all that long and... the design itself is quite thick... so it was pretty much an all-around fail....







Unfortunately, I only got pictures of the final product, which I finished off with a coat of Seche Vite.



Second for today, is Rescue Beauty Lounge's Grunge. This is one of my absolute favorite polishes and I can't describe why. It just rocks. I get a million compliments on it. It's this bizarrely perfect non-color, it's almost nude on me (it's less so than in the pictures). It's basically the perfect all-occasion polish. It's not garish enough to call attention to itself, but subversive nonetheless. I wore it, as I mentioned earlier, on Valentines Day, because I had to attend a wake and needed something subdued.







Love this one. As you're probably already aware, RBL polish is pretty much amazing. This is 2 coats (over my two wondrous, holy grail base coats, Barielle Natural Nail Growth Stimulator topped with Salon Sciences Instant Artificials), and it applied itself. I finished off, as usual, with Seche Vite. You get the drift.

Yeesh, I talk a lot. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment